- Exploratives Erstellen von interaktiven Inhalten in einer dynamischen Umgebung (2015)
- Bei der Erstellung von Visualisierungen gibt es im Wesentlichen zwei Ansätze. Zum einen können mit geringem Aufwand schnell Standarddiagramme erstellt werden. Zum anderen gibt es die Möglichkeit, individuelle und interaktive Visualisierungen zu programmieren. Dies ist jedoch mit einem deutlich höheren Aufwand verbunden. Flower ermöglicht eine schnelle Erstellung individueller und interaktiver Visualisierungen, indem es den Entwicklungssprozess stark vereinfacht und die Nutzer bei den einzelnen Aktivitäten wie dem Import und der Aufbereitung von Daten, deren Abbildung auf visuelle Elemente sowie der Integration von Interaktivität direkt unterstützt.
- 9,10-Diarylanthracenes as molecular switches : syntheses, properties, isomerisations and their reactions with singlet oxygen (2008)
- A series of 9,10-diarylanthracenes with various substituents at the ortho positions have been synthesised by palladium-catalysed cross-coupling reactions. Such compounds exhibit interesting physical properties and can be applied as molecular switches. Despite the high steric demand of the substituents, products were formed in moderate-to-good yields. In some cases, microwave conditions further improved yields. Bis-coupling afforded two isomers (syn and anti) that do not interconvert at room temperature. These products were easily separated and their relative stereochemistries were unequivocally assigned by NMR spectroscopy and X-ray analysis. The syn and anti isomers exhibit different physical properties (e.g., melting points and solubilities) and interconversion by rotation around the aryl-aryl axis commences at <100 °C for fluoro-substituted diarylanthracenes and at >300 °C for alkyl- or alkoxy-substituted diarylanthracenes. The reactions with singlet oxygen were studied separately and revealed different reactivities and reaction pathways. The yields and reactivities depend on the size and electronic nature of the substituents. The anti isomers form the same 9,10-endoperoxides as the syn species, occasionally accompanied by unexpected 1,4-endoperoxides as byproducts. Thermolysis of the endoperoxides exclusively yielded the syn isomers. The interesting rotation around the aryl-aryl axis allows the application of 9,10-diarylanthracenes as molecular switches, which are triggered by light and air under mild conditions. Finally, the oxygenation and thermolysis sequence provides a simple, synthetic access to a single stereoisomer (syn) from an unselective coupling step.
- Quantum information processing and communication : Strategic report on current status, visions and goals for research in Europe (2005)
- We present an excerpt of the document "Quantum Information Processing and Communication: Strategic report on current status, visions and goals for research in Europe", which has been recently published in electronic form at the website of FET (the Future and Emerging Technologies Unit of the Directorate General Information Society of the European Commission, http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/qipc-sr.htm). This document has been elaborated, following a former suggestion by FET, by a committee of QIPC scientists to provide input towards the European Commission for the preparation of the Seventh Framework Program. Besides being a document addressed to policy makers and funding agencies (both at the European and national level), the document contains a detailed scientific assessment of the state-of-the-art, main research goals, challenges, strengths, weaknesses, visions and perspectives of all the most relevant QIPC sub-fields, that we report here