publish.UP | Potsdam Publication Portal
The University of Potsdam has adopted an Open Access policy concerning scientific publications. It therefore encourages the scientific authors of the University to deposit all suitable publications on the University’s institutional repository.
Suitable documents are:
- Scientific papers (articles, monographs, studies, reports etc.)
- Theses (dissertations and habilitations)
- Bachelor, Master, Diploma and Magister theses that have been graded "very good" („sehr gut“)
- Concluded websites with scientific content
- Online series and online journals
On top of that, pre- and postprints of academic journal articles written by the University of Potsdam authors are archived to make these publications accessible at times when many print journals can no longer be acquired by universities due to their strained financial situation. Unless otherwise agreed, a publishing contract entitles the author to a secondary use a year after the original publication (§ 38 UrhG). Several publishers allow the archiving of postprints before the end of this one year term: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo.php
The institutional repository is currently not designed for short term publications such as announcements, term information or course papers.